Tropical Rainforest Heritage Of Sumatra Animals
The Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra site was recorded as an UNESCO World Heritage site in 2004.
Tropical rainforest heritage of sumatra animals. It indeed shelters numerous endangered animals and plants such as the critically endangered Sumatran orangutans the smallest member of the bear family sun. Covering up to 7927 km2 and straddling the border of North Sumatra and Aceh provinces it is one of the last places on earth with critically endangered orangutans living in the wild. Lana 2 Orangutan Monkey pictures Primates Entered on the list of world heritage in danger due to the ongoing degradation of kerinci seblat national park at first then to the ongoing degradation of all three sites.
Unlike in India tigers in Sumatra are notoriously hard to spot partly due to the dense rainforest environment that they live in and partly due to their more cautious personality. It is estimated that the Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra sites hold 10000 species of plants including oddities like the enormous Rafflesia the largest flower on Earth. The 25 million hectare Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra site comprises three national parks.
Over 200 mammal species have also been documented some 580 different birds and countless other life forms. Gunung Leuser National Park. Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra.
The Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra is a mountainous landscape of exceptional beauty which forests hold many endangered species including the endemic Sumatran orang-utan. NATURAL WORLD HERITAGE SERIAL SITE IN DANGER. For being home to the last surviving Sumatran Tiger Rhino and Elephant the largest flower on Earth the greatest volcano in Indonesia the highest lake in Southeast Asia and some of the most significant ethnic minorities on Earth Bukit Barisan truly.
Gunung Leuser National Park Kerinci Seblat National Park and Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park. Many of these species are endemic to the area. Inscribed on the World Heritage List under Natural Criteria vii ix and x.
One of the last and largest remnants of tropical rainforest in Asia is under threat from multiple road development plans. Illegal logging agriculture encroachment and also one of the most common threats is natural disasters. Gunung Leuser National Park Kerinci Seblat National Park and the Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park.
- What Animals Migrate In Canada
- White Cats Name Female
- White Golden Retriever Puppies Colorado
- White Golden Retriever Puppies Northern California
- White Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale In Iowa
- White Cats For Sale Chicago
- White Lab Puppies Available Now
- White Lab Puppies Colorado
- What Animals Live In Antarctica
- White Cats For Sale In Hampshire
- White Golden Retriever Puppies Wisconsin
- White Cats With Blue Eyes Deaf
- What Animals Eat Pumpkins Plants
- White Cats Name Male
- White Cat Names Unisex
- Whats The Best Food For A Pug Puppy
- What Animals Eat Pumpkins Uk
- Where Would You Find All These 4 Animals
- White German Shepherd Puppies Illinois
- White Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Near Me